Friday, October 9, 2009

the boys in the photograph

whew! I've been on the go since 10 AM yesterday... classes, frustratingly drew drapery with david rayfield.... then i was met outside my culture of cities class by a dapper-looking young man who on second glance appeared to be Brendan, hehe...

I had exactly 45 min to shower, get dressed, and make myself presentable before we hopped the TTC to meet up with armourtime and peoples outside the Royal Alexandra to get our tickets. I LOVE just about any excuse to get dressed up.... I pulled out my favouritest red(more like wine...) dress ever and put the new heels to the test. to further suit the occasion, i pulled out my long evening coat and tiny russian-inspired stole. Kat told me I looked like i was from Anastasia..... hilarious, since there's not a drop of soviet blood in me. The play certainly spoke to my irish roots, I felt myself beingbbbbbb nnnnnnnnnnnb bv   stirred by the sounds of the irish melodies

Sam walked across my computer while I was just enraptured watching Lawrence of Arabia....its a beautiful film, really. stupid cat.

anyway, andrew lloyd weber sounds like he's getting old... but i enjoyed myself. I won't get into a full-out ctritique, because i think we all talked it to death last night, but I would like to mention that I really enjoyed the choeographed footie championship game dance number.  (invisible ball) and I laughed pretty hard at some things. especially Jeff Giles' "NO TOUCHING!" line in the prison scene. pure Arrested Development channeling right there.

dinner was delicious, but it was kinda ridiculously priced. I know its good business thinking, but I hate that they charged so much just because people will pay it due to their proximity to the theatre. stupid stupidness!

the old woman at the next table over in the restaurant leaned forwards to her dinner partner and goes "i wish my boobs still looked like that!"

tommorrow B leaves for ottawa--i can finally get some homework done!! and lunch with the in-laws and my brother and his wife. I'm making him dinner tonight so he doesn't have to dine out again. least I can do after the food last night. and also, I think I'm just as good of a cook, so there!

this is amazing, lawrence of arabia has a fully orchestrated "Intermission" in the middle of the movie. its been black screen playing epic music for the last 5 minutes now.

Reading week. No babies week. homework and awkward family week. blerghhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment