Sunday, January 31, 2010

hrm

I made headway. I packed up all my books, minus those I might need for these classes still....B can't decide whether he loves me more in the afternoon or underneath the moon, and he doesn't think he ever will (dyawwww....heh) and I'm busting out costume renderings like a madwoman.

I slept in today till 11 instead of getting up at 8... but I figured I needed the sleep. Except now i wasted an hour because my internet wouldnt work and I was running around trying to cycle through the modem and router and blah blah blah and it turns out I just needed to re-enter the network key. figures.

Im kinda pissed... two milk crates I packed my books into have just magically spirited away, leaving all my books on the floor in the living room. Milk crates which, might I add, I rescued from under the stairs of newhomefree in the summer with records in them, and had used as makeshift shelves to tidy the video games and Matty's CDs underneath the entertainment bar. THOSE WERE MINE. its friggen rude to take something without asking.even more rude if someone has packed things in them.
I know its not a big deal, woo, milk crates, but I was proud of myself for getting a leg up on my packing, when i barely have time to take a shit and now all that work is undone.

why? just why?

Matty and Kat have become such hermitty bitches, its unfathomable to me. like... what happened to the courtesy of ASKING? or the idea of personal property? I mean, clearly they are so possesive over their things that Kat has a freak-out if you use her coffee mug, you'd think that would translate into an equal respect for other peoples' property, no? bloody hell.

B and I had a long conversation about the properties of light yesterday.... it was really good. I felt dumb at first, but as we broke it down it made more and more sense... it started as an age-old question that I've pondered in the shower and at night when falling asleep. "Does a light push darkness back when you turn it on, or suck the darkness up?" of course we had to establish that light is radiant energy and dark is a made-up phenomena for us to understand how we see light... and a whole bunch of other things...like everything having an opposite...and exergy (not energy, but exergy)... but "dark" as we think of it cannot exist without light, because dark is created by light, so the two are essentially the same phenomenon, and its not that one holds the other at bay because they are not two opposing forces, so much as a duality that exists so that we can describe what we see.

yeah... blew my mind too.

This is one of my faeries for Midsummers night dream :) Mustardseed (patience)

No comments:

Post a Comment